Tuesday, February 2, 2010

{shades of gray}

My brain is on overload, so please pardon the following thoughts....as TH says, sometimes it just makes things better to 'get it out there.'

I did some quick shopping over the weekend and came to the shocking realization that I am living in a world of gray. When did that happen exactly? I am definitely a black and white kind-of person, but, I never dressed in it. I used to be allllllll about color. Well, apparently part of me still is? look at my house? but my closet??

a neat {okay, maybe neat at this moment is a tad bit of exaggeration} nonetheless, rows in my closet primarily consisting of gray, black and brown. When did I lose my color? It has really shaken me up. I will definitely dive into much more of this later. But, right now, I am still sorting through it all and what exactly it means? But, remember, my brain is tired.

I worked until almost midnight and then was up by 3:25 am working again. I am still no where close.

Evan was worse today, thus no babysitter. Day 2. The deadlines that are breathing down my neck......well, they are still deadlines, sick child or not. No babysitter remember.

I did make a mad dash to my office to drop off part of a big production project. I had given up precious sleep to get it there and back. It was to be a trip literally in the building and back out. Well, that part of the plan went well, until I walked out to find a flat.

Flat? Give me life and death situations and I am calm in the midst (I typically crumble after the fact) but, give me a flat or anything mechanical or vehicle related - I am a hysterical girl. Did you know we had to call 6-7 places to find a business that actually comes out and repairs flats in parking lots? The wait was horribly long. I had a child that needed to be picked up. In-laws, out of town. Called friends and once again, they saved the day. Dx: huge chunk of metal in my tire. I was lucky to make it to the office nice tire man informed me.

Went to pick up child from friend's house. I was numb at this point and watched her flitter around her kitchen as she had a dinner party tonight. I had two horrible blisters my stinkin' boots had rubbed and could not even help her out. I sipped sweet tea in daze as described.

I am home.

I am beyond tired.

I have a huge deadline still lurking. Well, let's be honest, I've missed the deadline.

I do not think my brain can ponder another standard of care issue.

But, when I wake up and finish what is calling my name to be completed......and get caught up on my.poor.pictures.......I will figure out when and why I converted to those shades of gray. I'm not liking it. At all. I don't want a gray personality - I want my color back!

On another aside, in that shopping trip mentioned earlier - I did buy my OLD size in jeans. That is huge. Well, smaller actually - thank goodness! And, they are blue btw, not gray. A little better, maybe? And, my Easter dress is vintage-style black and cream polka-dot with a RED belt. ;) Maybe, just maybe I'm creeping back.

To be explored on another day.........

I am all over the place. Going to go snuggle. Best med of all!

ps.....the Easter dress was on clearance, too cute and inexpensive to pass up!

3 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

You ALWAYS look like something out of a magazine You are full of class. And so UNIQUE!

Mom2Three said...

I think you always look great!! Your just one of those people that always looks cute! Jewelry the whole shabang!!

Shannon said...

Very sweet girls, but, I just not quite ready to go "so gray." When I get out of control with it, just remind me to tame it down. And, if you see me where gray 4-5 days in a row, please let me in on it! Apparently I haven't been! :)