Sunday, April 12, 2009

{easter 2009}





















the initial adjective i would have used to describe today would likely have been "blah", but there is much, much more to this day than the way I feel, the weather and the fact that plans had to be changed. but, because of that picture above........everything else is okay & doesn't really matter at all. I just had to remind myself of that a few times today.


I woke up and ugh........did not feel well at all. Not a good sign. So, as I tried to convince myself that I felt better than I did, then I remembered the Easter Bunny was pulling a Tooth Fairy stunt in our home. Well, the Tooth Fairy that we have. I am certain no one else has one as forgetful as ours! And, of course, our Easter baskets were not filled. And, the boys were awake. I banned them to one room and that stinkin' Easter Bunny had hidden her treats so well, SHE could not find them! Even despite a phone call to Nannie Pat. After about 45 minutes and two boys crying to get up, she found them. And, then as she placed them in the "train room" for the boys to find, they all but fell in them before they "found" them.


And, the Easter Bunny did find some pretty cute stuff this year! A funny is that instead of the chocolate Easter Bunnies she opted for chocolate roosters. Well, Evan has fallen in love with his! "It is soooooooo tute!" And, he can't eat it. He carries it around with him. I did make him put in his plastic container so he doesn't melt him. He truly cannot even look at that rooster unless he (E) melts. It's the funniest thing EVER! Noah has not developed the same affection for his. He thinks it looks YUMMY!


At this point, I just needed to go back to bed. I can't remember the last time we were not in church on an Easter Sunday. Not that in the scheme of things we should be there today more than any other day.......but, I just love to hear the Easter message. But, not today, I gave up and went back to bed. And, truly, I think it is just a matter of me being very run down over the last few days (week), but, I literally could not move. So, I took Ibuprofen and curled back up.

Finally, when that didn't help all that much and I knew we would be in for the entire day, no dinner with family, I did manage to cook us a simple Easter dinner. I did recruit Evan to assist in setting the table. His first time. I asked him to please go and wash his hands, I needed his help. He raaaaaannnnnnnn to the restroom, was there for about 2.2 seconds and came runnnnnnnnning back. Did you wash your hands? "yes, ma'm". Did you dry them? "yes, ma'm. On my underwear." (remember he does not wear clothes, otherwise it would have been his jeans - but he was only underwear clad!) He was sent to scrub and dry again.


After lunch..........I.took.a.nap! A very rare thing for me. Not the pleasant Sunday afternoon nap, but, the necessary kind. I am sitting upright, so I guess it did a little something although I just need to go curl up again. So, I think I will.


So, much for those color-coordinated outfits hanging in all of our closets. So much for the outdoor Easter hunt. But, I will have to say, that we had some sweet, sweet family time last evening as we watched several Easter movies about the real meaning, popped popcorn and snuggled a lot.

Maybe, there was a reason I needed to " be still" this weekend.

Now, back to that couch where I am certain I will only be alone for about 3.1 seconds until I am joined by a little guy taking advantage of mommy's down time too! This may just turn out to be the best Easter ever!! ;)

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Sounds perfect. I think everybody should stay home more. . . seriously. It is so easy to miss out on such good times, cute sayings, meals, and just real quality family time when we are on the go busy, busy, busy! I am glad you are having a "be still" Easter.