Tuesday, February 17, 2009

{new request}

Okay, we walked away with amazing news today, but, as I drove closer to home, I remembered the faces of the little ones and their parents who are still there and many will be there for a long while. Although I don't know any of their stories, I saw way too much pain and fear today. So, I will say, that as happy as I am, it's hard to completely soak all of that in when you know others are in a MUCH, MUCH worse situation than you are. So, pray for those families and children. The parking lot was overflowing.

Another request that hits close to home is for our doctor. Although, he and I may not see eye to eye at times, he is an amazing doctor and a man of God. He is older and unfortunately he is the only Pediatric Urologist at ACH right now and...I'm sure he is tired (I am saying that, not him) ... although you would never know it. He is an energetic man by nature, but, taking care of all of these children alone is more than my mind can wrap around. He told us today that as of now, there are only 176 Pediatric Urologists in the NATION. Which means, children/families are traveling much farther, the wait to see MD is ulimately longer...etc. It's a big problem unfortunately.

2 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

How did it go for Noah? E? Hope all is well. Let me know your schedule and we'll get together. I'm around the rest of this week. Thinking of you!

Philip said...

I agree...it just breaks your heart to see all of these kids hurting. We definitely need to pray!