Monday, February 9, 2009

{2nd grade reading}

seriously, why does my son not go for the fun library books like i did? no, he chooses chapter books that are never-ending on very dull subjects. last night i learned more about protons, neutrons and electrons that i did in high school! as much as i LOVE to read, it is a chore with him sometimes. at one point my head was swimming regarding the conductors and insulators of various forms of electricity, i asked him if he was seriously getting any of what he was reading. he looked at me like i was nuts, "pretty much mom." well, that's more than i can say for myself.

blah!

2 comments:

tracy said...

Collin always picks books on the army or army equipment.....maybe he will join up after high school and all of this reading will come to good use!

Erin said...

I totally understand. We have science and "fact" books running out our ears. After Blake finishes some super fact filled book he then wants to share EVERY detail with me. Sometimes I just have to put him on mute!