Thursday, February 19, 2009

{birthday letter}

My Sweet Noah,

Today is always an overly emotional day for me. I realize every.single.day how abundantly blessed I am to be your mom, but today is one of those days in which I am consumed with it. In fact, the month before you were born when we learned of your upcoming arrival - until the moment you were in my arms - was a span of time that words cannot describe; I think I experienced every emotion possible throughout every single day until we were with you. Today, I relive every moment of your amazing birth day.

You have given our entire family and a multitude of friends more than you will ever know. I have no doubt that you were always meant to be mine, and I yours. There is no question. I am actually very happy and honored that God chose the path He did that led us to our family. I would not change a thing, I would walk every single bumpy path a million times over to get to you. You are my heart.

You are an amazing little guy. My only complaint is that you are growing way too fast! I get completely lost in those huge blue eyes of yours, I am amazed at your affection and love, I learn from you every day, and I am so pleased with your sweet and giving heart. I am blessed beyond words.

Do not change a thing. Continue to grow in your love for God and Christ - and continue to share that with those around you. Even if it's on the playground. :) Know that God has always had a very special plan for you - and I can't wait to see that develop even more. You have had to bear alot of changes since Daddy's accident, but if overfills my heart to see how you graciously handle everything and that your daddy is your best friend. Your little brother adores you and it melts my heart to see the two of you together in your sweet and quiet times. There is no denying that we have our fair share of brotherly battles, but, I have no doubt that both of you would battle until the end for the other. You have changed me in the best of ways and that old soul contained in your young body leaves me so speechless, I could burst!

It was not by chance that you and I heard this song twice this week while we were together. As I reminded you, this was the song I danced with you over and over as a tiny newborn baby and beyond in our living room. I could see on your face yesterday that you thought it was a little silly, but, someday.......you will know.

I could not ask for more by Sara Evans
Written by Diane Warren

Lying here with you
listenin' to the rain
smilin just to see
the smile upon your face

These are the moments
I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments
I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes
seein' all I need
Everything you are
Is everything to me

These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
These are the moments
I know all I need is this
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Could not ask for more than this time together
Could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered,
Every dream I've had's come true
Right here in this moment,
Is right where I need to be
Here with you, here with me.......


Noah, happy, happy 8th birthday! And, I TRULY could not ask for more. I love you more!!

Mom (aka Mommy in my world where you're still five;)

4 comments:

Erin said...

You're making me cry! They grow way too fast...

Sharon said...

Crying....what a sweet letter! Love that song!

Sherry Drennan said...

so beautifully written! Thanking Him for one more day!

the alder boys said...

I don't know what else to say but, "wow!!!" So amazing!!!