Thursday, October 23, 2008

{projects}

I love seeing all of the fun things my friends are doing or have done to their homes. I try not to be green-eyed, but, love getting ideas. Okay, or simply copying. I tend to cheat that way. I could rummage through each of their homes all day long. It just so happens, my friends have very good taste!

So, recently my friend Heather came over. I adore her style. It's spectacular and cozy all at the same time. So, I seized on her decorating skills to give me a to-do list for my living room. It's funny; she knocked it out in less than 30 seconds. She knew exactly what it needed. I'm kind-of slow that way.

* I need to add a picture to my "wailing" wall. She was the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) to offer than suggestion.
* Chunkier coffee table.
* Chunkier, larger lamps. And, that one I knew. They were completely too small.
* Mistreatments for my windows. Long, high mistreatments that sneak above the top of the window. How fun will that be?

Hmmmm......I think that's about it for that room. Of course, I want new furniture and a rug...but, that will wait.

So, what I've done with little projects:

* I added a panel of leopard print fabric to mistreatments in the foyers. Love it! I needed a little more fabric to close the room off. That was a suggestion my other friend (thank you Amber! I think you will love it)
* Finished painting the living room. Ladder and all. No broken neck. Very, very good thing. I couldn't lift my arms for five days though.
* Patched the 1023 holes I had left on "the wall" in my search for correct spacing. Finally quit having a nervous breakdown when I put away the measuring tape and simply eyeballed it. One more picture to hang though. And, "take" I might add. But, unfortunately, I hear our photographer is booked. Seriously, I am not kidding. I do not even have fall pics of my boys! How sad is that? lol!
* Moved a chunky lamp that was on my entertainment center to my table. Better, but, still not what I'm going for. Those will remain on my list.
* Looking for fabric for my mistreatments. That's a hard one, because I really would love new furniture, but, that will wait a while. I want it, do not need it. Even though I hate mine. Hmmmm......what to do, what to do? Windows will likely remain naked for a while yet.
* Hung $2.99 giraffe print plates in my foyer. Love them. (TJ Maxx of course)
* ALLLLL wallpaper is down in the kitchen area. FINALLY found a man to do the texture. But, he is busy for now. Hoping it will be finished by Thanksgiving.
* Pick out a paint color for kitchen. Any ideas? Will likely just stick with my restrained gold - have enough left over.
* Little things here and there.

But, I have a plan. At least for one room. Thanks girls!!!

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Heather for sure has great taste. . . and so do you. I would love to see your rooms. I would love to help you. . . you do know what help means dont you????

Anonymous said...

I want to come over and see!! :)