Wednesday, October 29, 2008

{heartsick and confused}

Rhett, our boy rabbit is not a boy. He had babies today. Of course, we had no idea he was pregnant, he/she did not nest....and, well, he was a boy. We lost all of the babies, I am absolutely beside myself sick. Scarlet is a boy. I think. Or, maybe Jack is a boy? But, it wouldn't surprise me if he is a girl? We had them separated, but obviously, not in the correct gender manner. I'm so confused.

I'm certain Dr. Nick will be laughing. We had told him we thought we had an infertile rabbit. Well, now it makes complete sense. Of course, our boy rabbit was not getting pregnant!

So, so sad.

1 comment:

Dr. Nick said...

Dr. Nick was pointed out your blog post today. Yes, he is laughing! I'll come by sometime with diagrams and we'll go over what makes boys and girls--well, boys and girls. ;-)

P.S. Several kittens that come to see me are named things like "Mr. Rosie" or "Ms. Leroy," so don't feel too bad.