Thursday, October 9, 2008

{the love dare}

poor scott. he went into the church office to pick up our book & told the receptionist that he was there to pick up a book his wife had bought at the "love fair". not certain what love fair he attended, but, i'm pretty certain i didn't get in on that one? lol! bless his heart.

i had shared with some of the girls that between the movie, church and ss - he has been trying. although it has come pretty close to being disastrous. he lit me a candle without a candle holder. fire extinguisher anyone? i guess the message from fireproof hit him in some manner? he has been trying to help out in the kitchen more and trying to take some of the pressure off of me with little tasks. saturday, he baked some homemade cinnamon rolls for our ss breakfast. the problem was, he did not add the cinnamon and he was a week early for our ss breakfast. this morning he attached bows to invitations for a baby shower. he's never used glue dots, let's just leave it at that. but, it's the thought and the effort that counts. not the cinnamonless cinnamon rolls baked eight days too early or the song "burning down the house" i can't rid my mind of. :)

i started the book today. i started at a day other than one because we are both going to do it & i wanted it to be a little different. not sure if that was a wise choice or not (the starting day, not the overall challenge) but, the day i started on is AMAZING. and, truly there is so much to glean from just 2 pages - that i know i will have to read it several times. will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Sorry, I totally screwed up my first post, had to delete it! I can't stop laughing about he "love fair". I wanna go too!

kel said...

Matt and I are planning to see the movie this weekend. I can't wait.

Tonia Hobbs said...

I am laughing so hard!! Bless Scotts heart. . . well, actually, bless your heart. I can relate, and I think that is what makes it so funny!