Monday, August 17, 2009

{note to self}

always, always, always be nice to other people. Especially with that mom calling who has a broken heart because of a disasterous 5th Birthday Party for her little boy. There is no re-do button for that. Don't be flippant or rude. It wasn't me who didn't open the water park despite the fact you provided me with the date, and I sent you the check for the pavillion. It wasn't me who failed to call and cancel because you decided to close the water park early for the season with no notification; and, you had the dates wrong of when school started so it was closed in complete error on top of error. Don't try to make an excuse that the conversation I had the day I booked was anything other than what it was. Don't sit there and be silent in anger because I wanted an explaination. Don't ask me at the end of your conversation "what do you want, an apology?" and quickly place me on hold. But, thank you for handing the call over. The mayor was much nicer than you. He understood my heart-pain. He was speechless, but, for the right reason. He knew this couldn't be made up, as that was not what I wanted. I just wanted an explaination, and a sincere apology with a hint of understanding would have been nice. You may not have a five-year-old, but you were one once. But, in the end, you taught me a lesson I will never forget, always, always, always be nice. Especially when it's my fault.

Obviously, more to come....

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my! I'm gathering from your post it was BAD! I'm so sorry!!! I hope the rest of the story gets better...

Sherry Drennan said...

Oh Shannon, my heart hurts for you! So sorry this happened and I can totally identify w/ the attitude on the other end of the phone!

Tonia Hobbs said...

I am calling you right now. . .

kel said...

On no.