Monday, September 26, 2011

{another goodbye...}

way too soon.  

I came out of church last night to many missed calls
and texts; as I was texting one of my cousins to see
what was going on....my mom finally rang through.  
It's NEVER a good feeling, because
you know at that point whatever you are about to learn,
is.not.good.   And it wasn't.  As I sit here and type it, I still cannot believe
it.  But, my cousin from Sapulpa had died about an hour
before I got out of church.  She had undergone a routine cervical fusion
on Thursday....everything had gone great.  Saturday, she suddenly
became nonresponsive, had to be placed on life support and had
passed away soon before the phone calls and messages
started coming in.

She and her brothers would come in every summer and
split about a 3 or 4 week stay between our house, my grandpa's
and my aunts.  She was only about 3 years older than me.  I have
not yet grasped it.  At all.  She had a heart of gold and no matter
what was going on, always had a smile on her face.

I saw her at another funeral about 8 months ago or so.  Last
night I relived that conversation over and over in my mind.
Today, I did not want to stay in the house
all day by myself, so I ran errands to get ready for the trip
 for her funeral.  Truthfully, I do not want to see my aunt or my cousins,
it is going to be so painful.  I'd honestly rather avoid, but I can't. 

My heart is so heavy.....




1 comment:

Mom2Three said...

I am so sorry my sweet friend...praying for you and your family. Love you!