Wednesday, June 24, 2009

{snippets}

just a quick update:

*still chasing myself in cicles. but, tonight i have no ballgames to go to. whew! big relief!
*2nd week of swim lessions for E, 1st week for N - they are both swimming like little fish! evan would live under water if he had the lung capacity! they have both done really well! so proud!
*based on the immediate above, a sweet friend from high school is the one teaching them this week. i've had to brace myself as you always want your children to make a good impression, but, she IS a teacher, so i know she's seen it all. today, when e had her in stitches, i once again blamed it on the steriods i had to take during my pregnancy. and, in her summation of noah's personality today, she nailed him as well. amazing.
*hoping to take the boys swimming tonight to show their newly acquired skills to daddy. fingers crossed.
*we got the final assessment of the storm damage. a new roof is desperately needed and some of the siding will have to be replaced. initially, i was diasppointed with just the chaos it will bring, but, stopped myself and very grateful for good insurance. so, no complaints.
*along with the new roof, i've decided to paint my front door black. {gasp} and, finally have those shutters that were suppose to have been hung, how long ago???? finally hung. so, it may look a little different. and......my ivy that i had been trying to get to adhere to the house, but, it got weed eaten down three times..is finally adhering. now, i think i will start it on the other side. not that i need to be reminded i live in the south with the 300 degree weather. but, ivy just says southern.
*i started painting the boys bathroom. again. it is peanut shell. i love it, scott not so much. but, he is appeasing me. thanks, honey!!! now, i have grand plans to rip out the cabinets/sink, replace it with a smaller cabinet sink...finally get a normal size toilet in there and hang a new mirror. we will see. i can paint, but, not so certain about all of that. well, pretty sure i can't do any of that. but, a girl can plan.
*finished phase 2 of my wild drapes in my office/entry way. ran out of trim, so will wait until it goes on sale at Hobby Lobby again. hot glue is a miracle.
*i moved the sewing machine that sat unboxed and untouched to a small, dark, hidden away corner. for now.
*about to order my own family pics!!! jess did a great job, can't wait.
*have decided...i will never be caught up. i'm not even sure what that means anymore.
*so happy with the decision not to send E to kindergarten this year. The flack I have caught is no longer even phasing me. I know it's the right decision.
*noah is begging to go to church camp....jury is still way out on that one. hmmmm....
*family dinners have become a HUGE hit here. the boys will now easily bypass their beloved Mickey D's....when we have the option to eat at home. love it!

until the next report..........

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm with you on the "catching flack" for not going to K! :) I think it is a good decision!! Fun times.

meeksmiles33 said...

I LOVE reading your blog. Your stories are great!! I hope you are having a good day today!!