Thursday, June 11, 2009

{empathy}

okay, being on the other side of the lense....NOT SO FUN! Yesterday, we RACED to NWA to my friend/photographer Jessica's for some pics. I took hers last year and just never had time to get ours done, so, I made myself. Remember the rain that has given me ulcers over the past two months, well, it was hot on our heels all.the.way.up.there. I was sick. Because it would likely be months before they could reschedule. (sound familiar??) we were calling, checking the radar for weather.....drops were falling, but, we went on. We made it, barely. I won't even tell you about the self-administered spray tan I had given myself the night before. you will see it for yourself! ugh! yea, i know, not smart. nor will i tell you that my kids acted like they had been in front of a camera a time or two. because they did not. even when i pulled out the guns of bribery, of super-soaker variety. surely, there are not ugly scowls on their faces (as well as mine), one of us would be staring at the camera, the other three looking in every direction but the camera, one little guy continously loosing his shorts to his ankles, intense humidity that completely changed my hair - it looked one way at the beginning and a totally different look at the end, sporadic rain drops, scott trying to adapt without sunglasses.......and poor jessica, having to witness it all! so, yes, i am a mom. never feel bad when i take your kiddos pics and you raise your voice to them in my presence. i can giggle on the other side of the camera, but, not so much on the mommy end. it was painful.

however, because she is so good.......we got some precious shots. i'll try and get some up later today. ;) thanks, jess!!!!

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

I cant wait to see! Hurry! Hurry!