Saturday, June 27, 2009

{no surprises from me}

well, as i was zipping through target today as i had to go in for some garden gloves...i spied something. normally, i do not think it would ever have caught my eye. but, a couple of months ago, scott carried in a very old, fragile radio that his italian grandparents used to listen to in their old country store and home. wow, life before television. it almost overwhelms me of the music, news and current events that likely filtered through that old radio. it now sits on top of my living room cabinet. how fitting? above our television. i will often look at it as i pass through the living room and just wonder.......

well, today, i saw a "replica". a crosley radio, cd player, etc. so, i toyed with the idea for a while and loaded it up in the cart to surprise scott for our 15th anniversary next month. then, as i thought all about it, i got realllllllly excited. until the last few years, you very rarely ever found a television on. it was always music. whether i was here alone, it was scott and i (days before children) or when noah arrived. i love music more than i can even express. so, as i dashed through the store (and, almost broke my hand...different story, different day) i got very excited about just having "music" back again. dancing with the kids in the kitchen. dancing with scott (when he can walk better, poor feet!), introducing the boys to my love of ella, frank, harry, etc....

so happy!

well, even though our anniversary is August 9th, i just couldn't wait. scott was very surprised and very happy with it. it's actually very pretty and so vintage-y. so, i have harry connick serenading throughout the house right now. we've all danced. scott hobbled to appease me for a few seconds.

but guess what?

it just dawned on me that it will be SIXTEEN, not fifteen. did i really just do that? and, did scott not catch my goof? uh....no.

so sad! i'm officially old!

and, the one below is not the one i got, it is a darker wood, but similar....





CORRECTION: see above, when i posted our anniversary as august 9th. well, it has not been a mere 15 and it is not the 9th either. head hurts. it is the 7th. on scott's birthday. the 9th.......evan's birthday.

i.give.up. do you think sleep would help?

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Love it! I wonder if my grandparents knew Scotts? They owned a gas station on old hwy 71.

Sherry Drennan said...

You make me laugh...I, too, have to really think about dates. With 5 birthdays (boys and darin), anniversary...you get the picture. I went to Health Depot for a Rx for Deacon yesterday and the clerk looked at me like I was nuts when I kept throwing out different dates for his birthday. When I finally got it, I just smiled and said, "I have 4 kids"