Friday, May 15, 2009

{to: the moms}


no exclusion to the dads out there (philip), but i have a feeling this typically applies to the female gender. the one behind the camera snapping away.


i've mentioned this before, but, moms (and dads!) make sure you get in the pictures with your kids! this has hit particularly hard with david's passing reminding me of losing my own dad at a young age. and, after all the time that has lapsed.....i have two pictures of him with me. two. i would love to have albums full like i do of those with my grandpa. but, i don't.


being the one behind the camera in this household 99.9999999% of the time, i am in very few pictures recently. i have put off having my photog friends do it for pointless reasons, like....i want to lose weight. i said that, ahem, 5 years ago and continue to say it. do you think my kids will truly remember that i had another 10 to go? probably not.


not only am i to blame for that, but, also, for somewhat stopping to take snapshots. i have plenty of "portrait-type" stuff, and i do treasure those. but, i have almost come to a halt on the everyday things. the things i will forget. so, i am focusing (although, ha! my eyes will not focus very well right now!) so, see (pardon the pun!) do not wait until something unforseen happens to regret not being in pictures with your kiddos. make sure you get plenty of snapshots. and, actually develop them. fill albums and albums with them.


it is the above reasons i started my little adventure in photography, but, somehow got lost along the way and......stuck behind the wrong side of the lense.


i will have you know, that i am making contact today to have playful pictures taken with my boys. since scott's focusing abilities are likely worse than mine most of the time, i will have to recruit some assistance! but, i plan on filling albums again. what better way to remember the details than with visuals?


i could care less about that extra ten pounds right now. photog friends: you may want to avoid my calls!

1 comment:

Philip said...

I too crave to have pictures with my dad that passed away. Every time I find one, I treat it as finding a treasure! I know what you are saying.