Tuesday, May 12, 2009

{the big reveal}

i wasn't going to, but, since i live soooooooooooooooo far away from all of my friends. and, since, they aren't often in my neighborhood....unless they are in my yard; which isn't very often. and, since i am finally sort-of happy that the milk got spilled, otherwise, it may have been here another 12 years before i purchased anything different.....here is a peak of the new furniture (well, once I started adding the pics, it turned into a "virtual tour" of my living room!)

and, if i have to be perfectly honest. i do love it. really, really love it! so, thanks, evan. you actually pushed mommy over the hill (no reference to age there. just to clarify!) and toward the downhill slide. because truly, i hate making big purchases like this. so, i usually don't.

but seriously, i never knew just how uncomfortable the other furniture had become. although I had been told by both the father-in-law and a family friend. brutal honesty that i ignored. and, in defense, i likely didn't notice, because.... i am always here. ;) at the computer. not really joking on that one. but, that too is changing. notice the new desk area. a happy place! because i can actually work sitting up and be in the same room with my boys.

and, before you scroll down to see.........the credit for the new room actually goes to my friend heather! the furniture was delivered while i was at the ballfields. (surprise, surprise!) when i got home.......i got sick, because nothing fit right. at all. in a panic, at near 10 pm, i called her and she came to my rescue with her trusty pen and paper over the phone. she sketched it out and voila! i pushed and tugged on furniture until the wee hours of the morning. scott awoke to a different room. and, i literally had to move every piece of furniture per her plans. and, i could not love it more. all seating areas are facing each other. as large as i thought the room was, it seems even roomier in a weird way? and cozy at the same time?

so, evan, please forgive my tears when i scrubbed the carpet for the 18th time and almost passed out when that was solved and i realized it was also spilled in the sofa and, it was too far gone. i'll make up for that as we snuggle and read in our big chair.

the pictures are totally backwards, so I will provide notes....

and, remember, i like color. sorry.

here it is................

























the gigantic chair. the boys and i both fit. so comfy! scott finally got his leather couches. ;) the compromise. and, the rug that a got me for Christmas. now, my office floor is naked again. poor thing!



trust me, the zebra ottoman looks much better in real life. i promise! my old coffee table didn't work. plus, if you know evan........i did not need a sharp edge in the middle of the room. been there, done that. with both!

my new work area. i had it hidden away behind the other couch. heather recommended i move it. love it here. can actually see all of the "pretties". and, the laptop tucks nicely away.


tonia, this is the frame i told you about. no picture yet. hard to believe!




my very favorite part of the room....'my wall'. now that one, i actually copied from heather. i have no shame. none.





























i've changed a few things since i took these. the best part, besides the furniture was that i "shopped" in the house. i'm just trying to avoid those empty places now. a few things to "tweak", but almost there.



this is looking down the foyer. so, the center of the room is now open, whereas, you used to see the back of a couch. now, it's the fireplace. would have never thought of that. if you couldhave seen it before i dialed her number......my placement was horrid. but, when i explained what i had done, she just sweetly suggested this.....



now, i just need some company! invitations are open. at least it no longer reeks of sour milk and is quite comfy. you no longer sink to the floor.

14 comments:

the alder boys said...

OMG!!! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!! Did you pick that out yourself? If so you need to start decorating houses with all that free time you have!!! Haha!

Shannon said...

Thanks, girl! I did pick it out, some of it I had. But, I could not "pull it all together" for the life of me! so, will definitely have to pass on the decorator thing! ha!

Tonia Hobbs said...

I loooove it! It looks so awesome. I just love the color with the green topiaries! Did I spell that right? Shannon I am getting crazier by the day. "Heathers Phone Service Decorating" does a serious good job!!!! I am happy for you! Enjoy! By the way I took the virtual tour while listening to my Michael Jackson. . . just so you know!

Tonia Hobbs said...

Oh, I forgot LOVE the frame. . .I need a FEW of those! Also, where are you finding the greens? No luck for me.

kel said...

Okay I think I need your friends number...lol.

It looks great!

Lori said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Where did you get your furniture? I'm in the market for a new couch and coffee table. But I'm lovin' the ottoman.

Jen said...

Gorgeous! Love it! My fav is the ottoman as well :)

Mischelle Coston said...

Scrumptious looking -- hard to believe you let all your men in there -- looks like it should be in a magazine! :o)

Laurie said...

Is your back broke from moving all of that beautiful new furniture?!? Crazy!! You should have called someone to help you--although you did a wonderful job--looks truly inviting and cozy with a flare of color. Please let us know where did you get the topiariry things and the frame?

Sherry Drennan said...

OMG! I love it, Shannon! It looks amazing! We definately need a shopping guide according to your posters! I love the chair and ottoman and am in the market for one. Do you mind sharing where you found it? Did you get to pick out your own fabrics? Great job!

Philip said...

I love the color...good job!

Carolynn said...

Shannon it looks fabulous! I love the ottoman and your big comfy chair--we are wanting new furniture but need to wait a little bit:-) The room looks wonderful and inviting!

Julie said...

Love it!!!

Christy said...

We love the new furniture!! Sydney loves your ottoman. Can't wait to come for a visit!!