Thursday, August 2, 2012

{these are the days, right}

that I want to remember.

Right?

Well, for the sake of remembering when I am no longer capable,
I'm going to dissect my day.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.  

Let me preface this by providing a little background knowledge.
My hectic pace of sessions is over for a while.
I had been so looking forward to the week that began for me
on the calendar Saturday morning.

Saturday morning arrived and I was SICK.
Really, really sick. 
I succumbed and melted in the couch for the entire
day.  I tried my best to embrace it realizing I was
probably getting some much needed rest, but my
horrendous headache kept reminding me this was
not a chosen day of leisure. 

Sunday was better, but still far from great.
The fatigue and congestion were overwhelming.
I again, gave in.
What choice did I have?
I remained down for the day as a huge wedding
was looming for Saturday in which I had to be 100%+.

Monday: much, much better.
Instead of getting to work on all of the things I
had planned on being crossed off over the weekend,
I ran errands. 

Lots and lots of errands.
I was too wiped out by the end of the day
to accomplish anything on my work list.
But, I tried and worked very hard into the
night to get the house ready for a little
get-together for my Bible study for Tuesday morning.
I kept noticing nausea, but it would get better  but
it finally got to the point it was wickedly relentless. 

Stomach bug. 

I finally went to bed at 4:30 am.
My alarm went off at 6 - horribly sick.
I later starting texting messages that we would
have to rain check the day. 

I stayed in bed not even moving to the couch until 10:30 am.
Another day gone.

Again, the wedding weekend was looming but I also
needed to complete A LOT before hitting the road
in the wee hours of Sunday morning.
I was quickly running out of that lovely white space on my calendar.

Wednesday, another complete day of errands and have-to's
away from my desk.  More car trouble,
swung my mechanic.  Easy fix.  I finally arrived back home at 10:30
 or so last night.  I worked by simply returning messages, assembling wedding
 packages, etc until about 2:00 am.  That is  the prelude to today.

At this point, I am beginning to panic in a huge way.  But, today,
I have to be NO WHERE except make a late afternoon delivery.

Ha!

My alarm went off at 6:01 am {that ":01 is another story for another day}
Having gone to bed at 2:00 am, I wasn't doing too well with the
whole alarm going off thing.  Not one little bit.
I roll out of bed at 7.  Check email and read my local blogs.
Heart is crushed, realized I failed to get Noah to Secret Church last
night.  Decide not to even tell him. :(   Declare myself
as the absolute worst mom in the world.   

 I go to my car to retrieve a package.
I spy Kit Kat, Evan's beloved.  Sick feeling
in my stomach as something has just not been "right" with
her for about two days.  Still eating and drinking, but something
is amiss.  So, I sit on the back porch with her to observe.  

After about 30 minutes, I felt even more sure of my thoughts
although nothing to back it up.  I have no clue what the
respiratory rate for a cat should be, but I knew hers was up.

Call to vet.  Appointment made for early afternoon
as they agreed she should come in.  

Boys up, breakfast made.

I make myself ignore the kitchen.

To desk about 9 am: complete an order, return
numerous messages and emails.  Schedule appointments
after multiple conversations and date changes.  Work
on creating my must do to do list that must be completed
before departure on Sunday. 

Sigh.

Calls to arrange car repair for tomorrow.  Different car.
Expensive repair.  Text client  re: the potential effect of car repair on
Sunday's out of town trip. Converse with client via text of the
potential effects of the tropical storm that is swirling out there
 and may be headed for the Gulf of Mexico.  

Hmmmm.......that may throw quite the kink.  Too early
to make a decision.   Will be tied toTWC for the next few days.
To pack or not to pack?
Search for a final light for the studio that is needed.
Give up.

11 am: shower and ready for the day.

12:15  lunch for boys. 

12:45: back to desk, answer more messages - plan
next edit.

12:55: gather KK with the assistance of Evan's special KK
call that only he can do and the only one she responds to. 
Place a very reluctant cat in carrier and head out.

Listened to cat crying all.the.way.there. 

1:30-4 vet's office, dx:  virus.  Meds to administer. 

4:00: check voice mails and respond to messages.

4:10:  drive  on into town to pick up supper as I won't be home.

4:25:  head home with an exhausted, very quiet cat.

5:00 unload cat.

5:10 go through deliveries received from UPS, Fed Ex {x2 per Scott}
and the USPS.   Inspect portraits, several printing errors that will
require reprinting. {a VERY rare finding indeed!} Package portraits. 
Start communicating with client re: delivery location and time. j
No time to type up an official invoice, texted her the total per her request.
Format and burn and package her CD.  Fill out a print release. 

5:30 feed boys.  Instruct boys not to go outside and go through
our normal instructions as Daddy is down with a migraine. 

5:45:  head out for delivery.  Meet at Hobby Lobby.

6:10:  head to a car wash, stopped at Pier One and picked
up pillows for the studio, drive past car wash and go home.

7:00: arrive home.  Administer meds to cat {not an easy feat},
check barn progress today, feed and water chickens, get boys
set up to swim in pool. 

7:30: sit down at desk and begin to edit.

Stare at my to do list.

Feel defeated before the actual defeat.
8:00 remember I need a sample of my desk to have paint
matched per builder.   Unable to get into desk box, enlist
Scott's help.  Phone call.  Answered more messages.
Received an order and conversed regarding same.
Returned a call inquiry about a wedding, confirmed
that I was booked for June 22, 2013.

8:15 :  realized I failed to get a wedding packet in the mail today as promised.
Print and assembled a new one.  Drive to Hackett, mailed.  Quick stop
at DG for laundry detergent and milk.

8:55: home, begin to edit again.

12:55 still editing.  And, will be as long as my eyes will stay open.

Ugh! I feel like I am spinning my wheels and have been all week long.


In the art of full disclosure. 

My house has imploded.

But that sure is a cute little guy in the midst of the clutter.

The picture is only....

a portion of the kitchen.  

a portion of my house.

Hmm....there is some cat food there.

Dirty dishes. 

Paperwork that needs to be put away and taken to Sheila.    

Partially opened portrait packages that need to be inspected,
packed and mailed and/or delivered.  Tomorrow.

My new cute camera bag that arrived today in the
multitude of packages.

Cereal that arrived via Amazon. 

A greatly overflowing trashcan.

A bridal portrait that needs to be framed.

A bridal portrait that needs to be delivered.  Tomorrow.

Okay.  I've been on the verge of being completely overwhelmed today.
Well, actually all week long.   I could totally tip in the direction.

But, see that gold frame back there with the scribbling?

Be anxious for nothing; but in everything through prayer
and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING make your requests
be known to God.   Philippians 4:6

So, I am going to ignore the incessant buzzing that 
the only load of laundry I have done for the day is finished
being washed.  We still have to dry.
  I am going to step away from my desk.
I'm going to forget that I have to be at Smith Chevrolet
at 7:00 am and be shuttled.

I know we all have hectic days.  I know we all have
hectic stretches.  But, I think I am so disappointed
in how it has been so polar opposite from all that I had
planned.  And, even more disappointed in my reaction
 to all of it.  It has really stunk at times and I've
pretty much thrown my sucker in the dirt more than once.

That verse up above.

It's true. 

It's the perfect plan.

So,
I'm going to pray.
And, have my quiet time.

Because these REALLY are the days. 


     



No comments: