Sunday, November 8, 2009

{one more post}

when i post 10 entries in the time span of one hour.....know that i am avoiding work.

we didn't go to church today because noah ran fever last night. but, after he had a meltdown on saturday over my work schedule.....i gave him today. and, although very simple....it was a great day.

i am about to settle in for the night in a desperate race to catch up on the time I've lost over the last week in relation to work. but, grabbed my devotional. isn't it funny how it is so often written for us for the moment we are in?

This is by Zoe Elmore in God's Purpose for Every Woman

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

"I don't know about you, but my life seems to be getting busier and more complicated with each passing day. I'm finding it difficult to balance all my responsibilities and still find time to be refreshed, renewed or even rested. I've heard it said that you can't give away what you don't have, and these days I'm feeling pretty empty.

Every day I see people typing away on their BlackBerries during conversations and talking on cell phones while they are eating, driving or walking their dogs. We have become a society that is attached to some type of technological gismo every waking minute, yet most of my friends and coworkers will tell you that with all of this technology available to make our lives easier, they are wiped out. They feel as if they have nothing left to give their families at the end of each day. In all honesty, I have to admit that lately my life resembles what I've just described.

How did I allow myself to fall into this exhausting lifestyle, and where can I find the rest I desperately need? I believe I've discovered the answer to both questions in Matthew 11:28-29. In part the answer lies in the fact that I have been relying on my own strength as I pursue "spiritual activity" instead of pursuing "active spirituality."

Once again I seem to have it backward. I forgot that the Lord isn't interested in or impressed with the number of spiritual activities I'm involved with. Instead, the Lord is interested in my pursuit of ever-increasing spirituality. As I spend time reading God's word and praying each morning, I am able to identify the activities He is calling me to be involved with. Being obedient to His calling and laying extraneous activities aside, I can once again experience His renewed strength, refreshment and rest.

If life's activities leave you wiped out, worn out, and exhausted, I want to encourage you to leave "spiritual activity" behind and to purse "active spirituality."

Love that. And, yes with fall in high gear for portraits, it is a busy, busy time for me. However, last night I went to bed and actually fell asleep asking God to show me the activities He wanted me to pursue, and those He wanted me to let go of. I haven't got all of my answers yet, but, I am seeking. And, wow......to read this tonight.

AMAZING. It always is.........

No comments: