Friday, March 6, 2009

{prayer requests}

I am so late getting these up!

But, first, another little one and family in our church is facing a very stressful time. Philip and Kelly Darr's sweet & precious Lizzie Kate had a fall striking her head about two weeks ago. She was watched and no problems or concerns surfaced. A few nights ago Kelly was washing her hair and noticed an area on her head that was soft and mushy. They called the MD and was told that it was likely a hematoma and to notify him/her if she began running a temperature. The following day, she did. X-rays revealed a skull fracture and a hematoma containing a blood pocket. She was also on the verge/beginning stages of pneumonia. It looked as though the blood was possibly dissolving on its own, if not, surgery would be needed. I have heard that they traveled to Children's yesterday to meet with a neurosurgeon (but, I am not certain about that detail) as I also heard/read they were awaiting a call back. Regardless, we are praying that the blood absolutely dissolves on its own and Lizzie Kate has absolutely no problems with this. Also, for mom and dad as these situations can be trying in so many ways.

And, here is the latest update I received regarding my cousin Jimmy.......they are still in need of alot of prayer as the road ahead still seems very long......

Well guess what...the doctor made it in before midnight today. He got here about 8:30 and said that Jimmy's chest sounded good and that his blood levels are good as well. I think it is the PT level but so many terms are thrown around I may have that wrong. We still do not have a reading on the Echo and I believe the word "incompetence" was used by the doctor to describe the fact that it has not been read now 4 days later. Unfortunately, he will still not let Jimmy out of ICU. His neurologist is supposed to come see him tomorrow and he "might" get to go to a private room after that. PT came and got him out of bed today for the first time and had him sit in a chair. I wasn't thrilled that it was "my chair" but I guess I will have to cut him some slack. ;-) Jimmy was very weak, very shaky, and in immense pain while trying to maneuver.

The pain team was also in today and they developed a compound for Jimmy's feet to try and help with the neuropathic pain. It is made with Ketamine which they said was a club drug...but as long as he doesn't eat the lotion we are safe. (I'm kidding of course) It is supposed to take the pain level down a notch or two. Jimmy could not feel me touching his left foot at all on the bottom but had immense pain if I touched the outside of his foot or anywhere on his right foot.

Hopefully the neurologist will come by and we can see what he says about getting Jimmy to a regular room. I think it would help him a lot to be able to take a warm shower although I don't think he is strong enough for that at this point. I will update more as I know it.

Natalie



And, although this next request is completely minor in relation to the two above.....but, Evan is still fighting croup. He is sleeping better at night, but, he continues to have that barky-cough throughout the day. My mom has been unable to come over this week as we have to guard her from respiratory issues due to her history of pleurisy. Needless to say, NOT alot of work was able to be completed this week, so I am desperately trying to play catch-up in a major way this weekend!

1 comment:

Philip said...

Thank you for your prayers!