Wednesday, March 11, 2009

{crying over spilt milk}

Today, literal "spilled milk" took me away from my desk mid-day. Apparently, Evan had saturated an area in the carpet several days ago. No one informed Mommy. And, when I finally did discover it, it was too late. After steam shampooing, using neutralizers, home remedies (via way of internet of course) - I was on the verge of a. ripping up the carpet or, b. moving out (with my family in tow of course!) I finally gave up and called an auto cleaner manufacturing business and voila.....they had in stock, a mere 10 minutes away, a protein neutralizer. I was on my way.



I flipped on the radio (Air One) and they were having their Global Hunger Crisis Day. Oh...I knew it would be painful to listen to, but, I refused to allow myself to flip the station....which truthfully, is what I wanted to do, as bad as that is. So, the crying began and continued all the way there and all the way home. I won't say too much, with the exception of one statement that I will NEVER forget. There are mothers around this world who, because they have no food to provide their children, literally make and feed these babies "mud pies" just so their little stomachs will have a filler. My heart was broken. I was broken. I could write for days as to what I can "imagine" that would be like......but, I pray that I never know. This fund drive is being hosted through Air One as they are partnering with Compassion International - both very reputable. You can go to their website and review the information and even make a donation if you feel the urge to do so......just think about this....to feed a child for an entire month - the cost is $13 (less than a trip through the drive-through at McDonalds). It can be a one time donation of a mere $13, no obligation at all. A year equates to $156. It literally takes less than a minute. Very simple (and secure). We can definitely get overwhelmed with the magnitude of the millions of children out there in this horrid situation - but, if one child can be helped. That is one child that will not have to go to bed hungry. Oh! I'm bawling again!

one trip through McDonalds, folks!

No comments: