Saturday, March 7, 2009

{my kitchen blew up}

well, it didn't actually, but that reallllly could have been a title today. A few months ago, I bought a bread machine. I know, that is probably considered 'cheating'. But, that was the route I planned to take. So, this morning, I got up early as I HAD a very full day planned (I'll explain that one later) and attacked the house and decided to make my first "home"made bread via way of this machine.

I had no idea just how precise these measurements have to be. My nifty little instruction manual keep repeating that over and over and over. You would have THOUGHT I would have gotten the hint. Nada. Let's just say that I was in there measuring and pouring and reading and I did have the thought that it seemed like an awfully huge amount of yeast to be adding. So, after this machine starts working its kneading magic and I resume my cleaning duties, bam, it hit me. In just a few very short minutes and two rooms over it smelled like I was in a brewery. Or, at least I imagine that is what one would smell like? Okay, so I had at least tripled the amount of yeast I added in comparison to what the EXACT measurements of the recipe stated. So, that smelly ball of dough has been thrown away. I can't even attempt to make a second batch as I used allllll of the yeast I had. Imagine that. ugh!

And, the reason all of my plans have been derailed for today is that....not only is Evan not 100% yet (poor baby).......but, Scott has a stomach bug. I am not believing this!!!! So, all plans and appointments have been cancelled today. This is getting eerily repetitive.

No comments: