Sunday, November 27, 2011

{highlights of our thanksgiving holiday}

or, low lights - depending on the perspective.

BUT, we had a great time together as a family.  We missed
our other family members but truly savored this time together.
We just walked through the door, boys are in bed, laundry is humming
along and suitcases are in piles.  But, before I get busy with two edits
that need to be completed by morning and hit the ground running
when that alarm clock goes off....I wanted to post some of the things
I definitely want to come back and revisit in the very near future.

*totally planning on pulling out of our driveway headed south by 6 am -
only to pull out of that driveway at 4:15 pm.  Lost a tad bit of time there.

*driving 6+ hours before I could not drive another mile.  Considering I had
been working since 3 am, I was okay with that.  Well, until we could not
find a hotel room.  We had no forethought of it being a holiday weekend.
We stayed at hotel #6.   It was a {clean} bed is all I can say. 

*waking up somewhere in Louisiana realizing I had left every.bit.of.!!  Not way to start a relaxing vacation.  Scott
got directions for the nearest Wally World {very poor directions I might add}
and I had to restock every piece of makeup I use.  A huge chunk of my souvenir $$. :( 

*making it to the port terminal and the minute we walk in are in the midst of a sea
of purple and gold LSU fans.   BUT, we had high hopes.  No worries at this point. 

*sitting in the terminal {famous yellow seats} realizing that NEW bag of makeup was 
NOT in my carry on.  Noah forgot he had kicked it out of my bag and had not put
it back in as we were on the interstate.   We were already through three security levels.  
I was on the verge of tears. Okay, maybe a few spilled.  I was TIRED.
After Scott ran to the rescue, I opened another bag as I realized he didn't have
his passport only to find my original bag of makeup.  There are no words really.   

*night #1 on ship - pretty uneventful.  Thank God.

*#1 morning on the ship - SEASICKNESS for me! 
I held the walls as I made my way for the meclinzine.
A big reminder of how horribly bad my morning sickness was.

*days 2 & 3 on ship - relaxing.  And, lots of swimming for the boys!

*day #4 - Scott's first real day out of the cabin.  He had a bad, bad time. :( 
Port:  Jamacia.  I had fretted over this one the most and it ended up
being my very favorite.   Pictures to follow. 

#day 5:  Port:  Grand Cayman.  Let's just say we got into a real, live
boating accident as we crashed into another boat at Stingray City.  And, 
in that same accident 6-8 people snorkling almost got hit by our out of control
boat.  Not the way to start a scary experience anyway.  I'm thinking that
Captain lost his job when we returned back to the bus.  At least by the amount
of yelling I observed from one of his superiors.   

#6:  Port:  Cozumel.   Our bus broke down.  And, then with only 30 minutes
 to be on board the ship, we got completely stalled in traffic because a taxi broke
down in front of us and we were wedged in.  Needless to say, the taxi FAKED
being broke down as he was simply waiting for his customer for that 20 minutes.  We 
made it back to the boat 10 minutes after required loading - just in time for 
the 4th quarter of the LSU game.  In a sea of purple and gold.  It was painful. 

I'll be back with much more later.  There is much more to tell.  But, I have
to get editing the night away!! 

No comments: