Monday, September 27, 2010

{I think I am enjoying}

the exhale portion.

I'M EXHALING.

finally!

I am starting to feel the changes.

It's about time, since I gave my notice in April and my last "official day" was May 31st. After well over a year of agony in reaching that decision.

When you take into account I did no contract work for the firm for several weeks in June, the entire month of July and most of August and the fact I scheduled very few sessions for July and August {only the have-to ones} AND I AM JUST NOW feeling it? That lets you in on how far behind and out of balance I was in every aspect of my life.

But, I think that I {along with the family} are finally reaping the benefits from that gut-wrenching, scary decision.

and, a few of those benefits:
*not sitting at the computer until the wee hours of the morning on a pretty much daily basis. which equates to = sleep.
*being totally caught up on orders {& sales tax reporting, whew!!}
*PLAYING with the kids and not having anything in the back of my head
*sitting in an MD's office {or my car reading} and not having an anxiety attack that I should be a my desk or knowing that means I will be up all night reviewing records
*cooking
*cleaning
*soaking in more of Bible reading/study
*starting a new Bible Study tomorrow during morning hours
*being caught up on edits
*not living in a state of "frazzlement"; i intended to make up a new word
*ENJOYING my family
*i think i'm a little more pleasant to be around by aforementioned family ;) although you may want to ask them?
*drum roll.......my billing for the firm is caught up. BEFORE the due date. I can't remember the last time?
*running errands without stress {you know, 'should be at my desk}
*the inquiries are still coming in, and I am only taking a certain "number" because I have to stay very balanced there as well or all of this is for not. I have learned to say no and have realized it doesn't kill me. And, the phone still rings.
*i am having a little more time to focus on me: diet and exercise. still working on that!

The list could go on....and much of the above will mean nothing to anyone but me. State taxes - that's a big deal. Billing - huge.

My sessions have been beyond busy of late - but, it's just a busy time. October is much more balanced. A few in November. Two weddings in December. And, NOTHING from Jan until mid-March in order to prepare for next year and once again, re-evaluate.

Happy girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you!!!